Gluten Free French Toast
Throughout the year at What's Cooking, parents of children with gluten allergies ask us to design classes around their child's dietary needs. We've even hosted the Gluten Intolerance Group of Long Island for a private group workshop. Check out one of our favorite gluten-free recipes that was a great hit!
- 10-12 slices gluten-free bread toasted
- 4 cups berries (your choice)
- 10 large eggs
- 2 cups milk (dairy or non dairy) rice milk for example
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Spray 9″x 13″ pan (or 3qt casserole dish) with non stick spray or coconut oil
- Line bottom of pan with the bread overlapping each piece.
- Press bread down to sort of mold together.
- Spread berries over the toast in the pan.
- Whisk eggs, milk, syrup and spices together well.
- Pour over the berries and bread.
- Bake uncovered for 50-65 min until done.